Click here for Direct Custody Instructions.
Rocket Dollar's IRA LLC, or Solo 401(k), allows you to invest with AngelList's platform so that you can fund your investments in a tax-advantaged retirement account.
To invest on AngelList, you need to be an accredited investor, and you need to have been approved to invest.
From AngelList.com follow the steps below:
After you've selected your investment on AngelList, you'll be asked to choose your funding source. Here, you'll have the option to select an existing investment entity or create a new one. If this is your first time using your Rocket Dollar IRA LLC, or Solo 401(k), select the following as the type of investing entity:
- ***DO NOT SELECT IRA***
- Rocket Dollar IRA LLC: A Firm or Fund
- Rocket Dollar Solo 401(k): A Trust
- Next you’ll choose your accreditation status. Individual accredited investors will need to provide additional personal information (e.g., their social security number and date of birth).
- Those investing through trusts (Solo K) or companies (IRA LLC) will need to enter the name, address, and tax ID of the entity. They’ll also need to enter the name and personal information of the signatory (social security number, date of birth, etc.).
Once complete, the new entity will be an option for future investments. Note that the new investment entity will need to complete KYC and accreditation verifications before its investments can be completed.
- If you create an investment entity using either of the methods above but do not finish the steps for the investment entity, you will need to finish the setup before you are able to sign for an investment using that entity.
- You can do this by logging in and checking your Funding accounts page. Click the "Finish Setup" button to finish entering the funding entity's information.