Before we do your rollover, transfer, or contribution, we need to create your IRA first. Your IRA needs to exist before we bring dollars over from another custodian.
Here are the steps below so you can get a sense of where you are in the process:
- Sign up online at app.rocketdollar.com/signup
- Sit back and wait for our support team. after our partner custodian has completed their identity check...
- Receive documents for the creation of your IRA and LLC
- Our custodian partner creates your IRA and Rocket Dollar creates your Colorado LLC
- Log back into our dashboard with app.rocketdollar.com/login and initiate a transfer request in our transfer portal ADD FUNDS section. Always initiate a transfer by starting with us, and we will direct the right questions to your losing custodian.
- Work with our team to open a bank account for your new LLC at our partner bank from our team's specific instructions.
- As LLC manager, you can now ACH, Wire, or request a checkbook/debit card to deploy your dollars to an alternative investment, which remains under the jurisdiction of the LLC and IRA on all paperwork. You only sign as LLC manager, and every investment is titled in the name of your IRA.
- You can do a trustee to trustee transfer unlimited times per year when you move custodians. You can only do a 60-day rollover, where you take temporary possession of the funds for 60 days and put it back in another retirement account, once a year.
- We can only accept retirement cash rollovers or contributions. We cannot accept any position or assets as an incoming rollover (called an In-kind rollover).
- Your provider will usually sell the assets to clear them out to transfer. Keep in mind if you want to call early or log in to sell positions, assuming market conditions. If you do not do this, your losing custodian will usually contact you when they get the rollover request and ask if you are ok to sell, regardless of market conditions.
- We cannot accept Traditional/Pre-Tax Dollars into Roth IRAs. They need to be converted beforehand or you need two Rocket Dollar accounts.
Please sign in to leave a comment.