Rocket Dollar Silver is a basic checkbook control retirement account that you can fund and purchase investments. Rocket Dollar Gold is for customers who prefer a white glove experience from start to finish for an active investor.
Rocket Dollar Silver: $360 sign up, $15 a month
Rocket Dollar Gold: $600 sign up, $30 a month
What about upgrades and downgrades?
If you upgrade to Gold after fulfillment, you simply move from $15 > $30 a month.
If you upgrade during fulfillment, you will pay the difference between Silver and Gold, assuming any discounts are applied. For example, $360+$240 and then $30 a month.
If you want to downgrade from Gold, you can do so after one year.
The products are the same. You can use Rocket Dollar Silver or Gold for any product at Rocket Dollar. IRA, Solo 401(k) can both be bought with Silver and Gold, SEP-IRA is Gold only. Our "California IRA" with no LLC, and no checkbook control and setup to directly custody assets at our trust/custody partner in Gold only, but avoids high taxes in California on LLCs.
- Phone Support - Rocket Dollar Gold customers always receive priority service and priority phone support. Rocket Dollar Silver customers can always email support or schedule a phone call and support will get back within 24 hours.
- Expedited Service - Rocket Dollar Gold Customers always receive expedited service on their account fulfillment and transfers. This means that all accounts will be worked on first every day, with the goal of getting an account funded in 15 days. Silver customers can still get their accounts open in 2-4 weeks to fund investments.
- Wire Fees - Other than the $15 a month, basic use of the account usually does not run into any other fees than an outgoing $25 wire fee from our partner bank. For more active investors that purchase a Gold account, Rocket Dollar will cover four wires a year. Any customer can use ACH transfers up to $100,000.
- Customization - Every IRA LLC and Solo 401(k) plan name is standardized and should be easy for your investment sponsor to accept. For some of those with a significant amount of investment activity, customizing their IRA or Solo 401(k) name can provide a smoother investment experience when dealing with parties like real estate brokers, renters, lenders, etc. (no LLC with our California Direct Custody IRA)
- Checkbook - Rocket Dollar Gold customers receive a custom-made checkbook for their retirement account. Rocket Dollar Silver Customers can always order one from our partner bank if they wish but are on their own for their order and fees associated with it. (not with California Direct Custody IRA)
- Debit Card - Rocket Dollar Gold customers automatically receive a debit card for the Rocket Dollar account (not included with California Direct Custody IRA)
- Tax Services - IRA customers, Silver or Gold, always get their fair market value reporting completed regardless of pricing level. Rocket Dollar Gold customers can get extra assistance on Roth Conversions,
- Tax Services - Solo 401(k) the form 5500 will be completed and filed for Solo Gold 401(k) customers as they work with our service team on a yearly basis. Silver Solo401(k) customers must complete and file their own form 5500 or work with a CPA. Rocket Dollar is never a CPA or tax advisor replacement.