It is crucially important that you sign up as a business account, as described below. You must use a different email address if you have a personal Kraken account.
How do I contact Kraken?
What should I do before starting my Kraken IRA LLC or Solo 401(k) application?
- Create a Rocket Dollar account, either an IRA LLC (Traditional or Roth) or a Solo 401(k) Trust retirement account. The Rocket Dollar Direct Custody IRA cannot support the Kraken Exchange. For the quickest ability to invest into retirement cryptocurrency, start steps 2 & 3 at the same time.
- Gather your Rocket Dollar IRA LLC or Solo 401(k) Trust information from your client dashboard. When Rocket Dollar notifies you that your account is ready for a retirement transfer, you should proceed to the instructions in our Knowledge Base article for the next steps. Additionally be sure to keep in touch with the Rocket Dollar team as you still need to follow directions from our support team to: Complete your retirement rollover or contribution to fund your account AND Create your bank account at our bank partner, Solera National Bank.
- Apple using the instructions below to Kraken's dedicated Rocket Dollar application page.
- Complete the form, click send, and a Kraken representative will contact you.
- Type of Business Investment Fund
- Number of employees 1-10
- Monthly Trading Volumes (non-binding, but assists the Kraken team in service)
- Assets under management (non-binding on how much you plan to invest)
- Describe your business ( pick "I am an IRA LLC holder at Rocket Dollar"/ "I am a Solo 401(k) holder at Rocket Dollar")
- Service in Washington and New York is unavailable.
- Then, fill out your new account details, and click on the Create account button.
- Once the activation email is received and the account is confirmed, please log in to your account and secure your account by adding at least one form of Sign-In Two-Factor Authentication (2FA).
- Navigate to the upper right corner of the page and then select Get Verified.
- Select Verify under Pro (Account features and limits) to access the application form.
- You can save your application if you would like to return to it later. To access it later, simply go back to the Get Verified section by first navigating to your name in the upper-right corner of the page.
Filling out your IRA LLC/Trust information
- Entity Name: Fill in your LLC/Trust name exactly as it appears on your LLC/Trust creation documents in your Rocket Dollar dashboard. For LLC, most customers have JDoe RD LLC format, but Gold customers or common name customers could have a custom LLC name. (Leave the Alternate Name field blank)
- Registered Address/Operating Address: Your home Address, or address used at your Rocket Dollar signup, as that is the business address
- Select Yes if the Registered Address is the address the LLC will be operating. If not, you will be asked to input the Operating Address separately.
- Business Website: N/A
- Industry: Individual Retirement Account
- Goods or Services - Non-Operating Entity. Sole purpose is to fund and trade crypto with my IRA LLC
- Financial Institution Question: Please answer “No” as this is an IRA account
Go to Rocket Dollar sign in the dashboard and the DOCUMENTS section for things like EIN number.
Business Registration Information
- Registration Type - LLC or Trust depending on the type of account, IRA w/ LLC or Solo 401(k), account you are onboarding.
- EIN Number EIN number from your EIN letter (located in your RD dashboard)
- Date of formation, Country and State of Formation - Should be in LLC operating agreement or Trust formation deed.
- Attach LLC operating agreement/Trust deed or formation document to Corp formation
- Upload Share Registry: Please upload the Operating agreement page that shows the members of the LLC or the page of the trust agreement that shows the trustees.
- Upload Business Operating Address: go to Solera Bank.com and provide a bank statement.
- Net Worth of Business (USD Equivalent): Select rough value of the IRA from the drop down.
- Source of Funds for Account: This question is always extremely particular for anti-money laundering regulations. Do not be vague and always be descriptive. Describe your job industry, and roughly where you have saved up for retirement to pull money into a Rocket Dollar IRA. Failing to provide sufficient answers could result in delays in your application
- Reason/Purpose of opening the Account: Please choose “to Invest my Company Funds in Cryptocurrency”
- Arbitrage Trading - Answer truthfully if you intend to take advantage of arbitrage trading
- Margin Trading - NO - not allowed in IRAs.
- Trading and Funding Activity Estimate: Please select that applies
- What country is your bank account located in - United States
Authorized Accessor(s) & Ownership Details
1. Person Opening the Account Info:
- Enter the name that appears on the ID provided and Date of Birth
- Residential Address
- Ownership %: Member managed LLC should input 100% if there is only one member managing the account.
- Enter your Valid SSN number when requested
- Title as Manager
- Does this person maintain control of the company - yes
- Does this person have access to the account - yes
- Identity Documents and Verification - complete and upload the ID that meets the requirements for Kraken.
- Proof of residence - upload the document that meets the requirements for Kraken.
2. Beneficial Ownership:
- Are you publicly Traded: No
- Are legally exempt to provide Beneficial info: No
- If there are more members of LLC or beneficiaries to the trust, please click “Add Beneficial Owner” and complete the information requested.
The W-9 is not normally an essential IRA document, but it helps different investment issuers and platforms, such as Kraken, has a record of the tax status of your Self-Directed IRA or Solo 401(k). On a large platform where key customer support taxes are sometimes automated, it is important that an account is tagged so that tax reporting is suppressed.
- Follow the instructions on how to fill out a W-9 for your IRA LLC or for your Solo 401(k)
- Sign and date the W-9 Form
- Submit along with your Kraken application.
Once you have entered all of the required information and included the necessary documentation, hit Submit.